Sunday, November 22, 2009

Its one of those days..
the argument begins..
Husband wants to go watch a movie at the multiplex
Being my slothful self I prefer curled up in my
favorite chair with the DVD version of the movie
Kid is being the unbiased referee-
not taking sides, game for either options.
Ultimately female decibel power wins
the verdict is out-DVD it is!

The credits start rolling, the opening scene…
The lead actor enters with a swish and a swagger
the heroine flutters her lashes coyly
in her purple and pink ensemble-
so much like the one I wanted to buy the other day
but which both my husband and kid
ruled out firmly saying I may have to
rewind at least twenty years to carry it off-
when all means of dissuasion- pleading,
cajoling, wheedling, sweet-talking failed-
threatening me with tears-to spare them the
embarrassment of being seen with me in this costume-
well, that’s another story altogether..

To cut a long story short, that reminded
me of the call to my friend which was long overdue.
I told them I would be back in a minute after
making that call and to continue watching the movie
My gentlemanly husband said he would wait
for me to finish the call and we could all watch it together.
Luckily for me, my friend is at home all bored
and brimming over with juicy bits of gossip..

Two long hours have passed and
there sits my husband remote in hand
looking visibly aged and covered slightly with dust.
Would anyone blame him for preferring the highly-priced
movie ticket to the easy-on-the-pocket Rs. 20/- DVD?

4 comments:

Faceless Maverick said...

LOL

Latha Nair said...

thx

Unknown said...

First let me credit u 4 dat wonderful writing skill dat u ve employed.
Between both of u one thing emerges clearly
Two occasions!
Wrong advices prevailed!!
mukarram

Latha Nair said...

Thx. Glad u like it