Monday, June 21, 2010

WRITERS' BLO(G)CK









Phone rings incessantly

            disturbing my dreamy thrills
Pal speaks appreciatively
            highlighting my writing skills.

“Why the long silence, may I ask?
            No posts on your blog?
Posts came thick and fast,
            now why none?”, he barks.

Me: “Brain on strike now, yaar
            Refuses to churn out stuff
Parked like a petrol-less car
            without a clue to crank it up”

“Don’t worry, my dear”, he says
            “Common is this to writers
To work around it, many are ways
            Desperate situations, desperate measures”

“Ever heard of ‘sudal’?, he winks
            “Do a survey and surf the blogs
Choose what holds your interest
            this is full time business of cogs”

Never heard words sweeter
            that warmed my heart so
Like I got a load of Ferraro Rocher
            that I gobbled at one go!

So here I come fellow bloggers
            to ‘suttufy’ your matter
There are bloggers and coggers
            I choose to join the latter!

PS-1:  This is not a figment of my imagination and all characters are alive and kicking
PS-2: ‘sudal’ and ‘suttufy’ refers to cog in Tamil slang-in plain words copying.
 I graciously accept your thanks for enriching your vocabulary through this post ;)
            

17 comments:

SUFFIX said...

It should be a nice post, it has tens of labels, I am confident you will be a professional 'soodifier' :):)

Rama Ananth said...

Blogging is an addiction, and a good one too, but what do we do when we come to a junction, when our brain stops all function.

Keep on digging Latha, you are bound to come up with ideas.

subu said...

With Ferrero Rocher, may I gift this Pudhukural for your writer's blo(ck)g:-

"Suttathu sweet aagum- athanaal
suduvor suduthal vidaar!"

Here, I should confess that I got inspired by Rama's post on fathers'day that prompted me a post on that topic.

Latha Nair said...

Thanks Shafi-if I don't excel as a sudifier it will not be for lack of trying :)

Latha Nair said...

@Rama-Thanks for the encouraging words, Rama
Yet to savor your posts fully
Been a bit busy this weekend
Will catch up this week for sure

Latha Nair said...

@subu-Was that ulaga thamizh maanadu special kural?
Thiruvalluvar sans beard in the making!

Thought you were inspired by your DaD!:)

The Rain Crab said...

Very interesting poem!
And congrats! U learned the essential tamil wrds ^_^

anupama said...

Dear Latha,
Good Morning!
I had visited your blog earlier and was disappointed not seeing any new posts.
Hey,this poem is cool and humorous!:)I enjoyed a lot!
Vocabulary,yet to be digested!
Latha,you pal and conversations made you write a poem!cool!
Between,I generously suggest various topics to my friends when they face a block in writing!By God's grace,themes flow for me;So,next time you may approach me!It will be my pleasure making others write!:)
Observe people and surroundings;you get atopic easily!
Congrats to you and your friend who ispire dto pen these wonderful lines!
Wishing you a beautiful day ahead,
Sasneham,
Anu

Kumar said...

practice makes perfect sudifier.

Latha Nair said...

@RainCrab-yeah, I'll try to learn all the swear words and slang in any language first-it helps :)

Latha Nair said...

@ Anupama-Thanks a ton!
Nice to see you here.
As always your posts and
comments inspire and bring
joy to the reader.
Thanks again. :)

Latha Nair said...

@KrishnaKumar-Thanks for the tip-surely out of experience? ;)

R. Ramesh said...

hey good one yar..rombo nalla irruku..besh besh..thanks:)

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Good eevening!
Beautiful poem.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Latha:)

This conversation with your friend vividly describes the predicament of a blogger to keep writing at periodic intervals because your blogger friends expect to see your post.

I had such problems too and it used to get on my nerves. This is why I switched to photo blogging. I found my mind refused to churn up material for writing at regular intervals. Every thing is now easy on account of the camera.

I enjoyed reading your well crafted poem.

Best wishes Latha:)
Joseph

Readers Dais said...

Hi!

that was a nice escape from writers blo(g)ck, and defenitely we hve to thank you for enriching us with your vocabulary...

and wat does 'suttiduven' mean :)

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

I do not know the English very well.Every time I am reading Your post I learn something.